quarta-feira, março 04, 2009

iphoto-graphic moleskine - 007

Patti Smith, 1976 - Robert Mapplethorpe

The Tambourine. I met Robert Mapplethorpe in the summer of 1967, the year that four of these twelve songs were released. Robert stretched the goat skin, tattooed the surface with my astrological sign, and added the ribbons. He presented me with this tambourine on December 30th, 1967, my 21st birthday.

Patti Smith @ twelve album



I am helium raven and this movie is mine,
So he cried out as he stretched the sky,
Pushing it all out like latex cartoon, am I all alone in this generation?
We’ll just be dreaming of animation night and day
And won’t let up, won’t let up and I see them coming in,
Oh, I couldn’t hear them before, but I hear ‘em now,
It’s a radar scope in all silver and all platinum lights
Moving in like black ships, they were moving in, streams of them,
And he put up his hands and he said, “It’s me, it’s me,
I’ll give you my eyes, take me up, oh now please take me up,
I’m helium raven waitin’ for you, please take me up,
Don’t leave me here!”
The son, the sign, the cross . . .

patti smith - birdland, in Horses


personagens recorrentes do meu imaginário desde a adolescência, patti, a mulher-artista-poetisa-performer-diva, e robert, o fotografo-lenda. a relação ambigua entre os dois (reflexo da minha própria experiência, na mesma idade que eles), a criatividade gerada durante os anos que passam juntos (horses, poesia, desenhos e fotografias inesquéciveis), o reflexo dos desejos (sexo, drogas rock and roll, o eterno "sonho americano", sucesso e fama, andy warhol), as horas de puro prazer, o encontro com patti anos depois, o desejo concretizado de a fotografar e guardá-la para sempre para mim, a recordação, a saudade, o carinho. o eterno poder das palavras e das imagens, a falta da necessidade de coerência nos textos, as emoções a fluir...

Sem comentários: